Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cinnamon (and pine cone) wrapped candles.


So I'm sure if you frequent Pinterest at all, (and come on, you so do) you've seen those cinnamon wrapped candles floating around on there. I thought they were cute and would be a nice touch for a thanksgiving centerpiece. They were pretty easy to make, I'm just cheap and refused to pay for more than 1 bag of cinnamon sticks sooo when I started to run out for the second candle I had to improvise:

Yes, I did have to shove pine cones in there to plug up the empty space. Did you know hot glue guns don't work on candles? I did not. and now I do. haha, so the second candle is pretty sloppy looking, buuuut I think in the scheme of things it works well. here's a quick how to!

Here's what you'll need:

  • Candles - I used 2 warm vanilla scented candles from the dollar store. 
  • Cinnamon sticks - found these for about 4 dollars at Walmart.
  • Rubber bands
  • Twine, burlap, raffia - basically something to tie around the candles to hide the rubber band/decorate.
First things first, place the rubber band around the candles, then cut or break the cinnamon sticks to fit the size of your candle. After that, begin placing the cinnamon stick pieces inside the rubber band until no more can fit. You'll probably want to hide the rubber band so that's where some twine or burlap comes in. All I had was raffia, which is a little harder to make look neat, and if I could justify spending more money I would have gotten a taller candle for a little more contrast, but all in all I think they turned out pretty cute! Another fast and easy craft. Hope ya'll enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment