Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mason jar lumineries.




So I did these a while ago and I just thought they were so cute and a fun and quick way to decorate for fall. (Mommyhood generally leaves you pressed for time.) I didn't document the whole process, but it was so simple, hopefully a detailed explanation will suffice haha.

Here's what I used:
  • Three mason jars - I bought mine for about $1.49 a piece at Michael's.
  • Burlap garland or trim.
  • Raffia or twine - whichever you prefer. I just so happened to have Raffia on hand so that's what I went with.
  • Some sort of foliage - Dollar Tree had packs of detached leaves that worked PERFECTLY for this.
  • Candles - tea lights or whatever you can get to fit inside
  • Hot glue gun - for, you know, the gluing and stuff.
  • accessories (optional) - I used two of the mason jars as actual lumineries and filled one with cinnamon scented mini pine cones.
Okay, so here's the basic rundown of how to put these together. First, I removed the inside lids from all the jars. Then I measured how much burlap to cut by wrapping it around the mason jar until it came together, I allowed for a little extra room because cutting burlap can sometimes be tricky. Next, I glued the pieces together, and repeated this process for another jar. Then I placed a leaf in the front of each of the jars and tied them in place with a strand of raffia. The next step was just to place a tea light candle inside. For the remaining jar I just filled it with pine cones and tied a raffia bow under the top rim. and VOILA!! prettyness! Like I said, super easy and fast. Hope ya'll enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment